Top Ten Books read by Pastor Blair in 2020
This year, I read 67 books. (The ‘Shelter in Place’ order obviously left lots of time for reading). Here is my top ten for the year. I have been asked why I do this. I find it helpful to see if a book had a lasting impact after I read it. Putting together a list like this helps me to reflect on what I read earlier and then later- rediscover if I want to read the book again. I hope a few of these will be of benefit to you as well.
10. Payne, Tony. The Tony Payne Collection: The Best Articles from Three Decades of Christian Writing. Sydney: Matthias Media, 2017.
9. Duncan, Ligon. Does God Care How We Worship? Phillipsburg, NJ: P & R Publishing, 2020.
8. Tripp, Paul David. Lead: 12 Gospel Principles for Leadership in the Church. Crossway: Wheaton, 2020.
7. Tassell, Nige. The Bottom Corner: Hope, Glory and Non-League Football. London: Yellow Jersey Press, 2016.
6. White, David. God, You and Sex: A Profound Mystery. Greensboro: New Growth Press, 2019.
5. Shaw, Ed. Same Sex Attraction and the Church: The Surprising Plausibility of the Celibate Life. Downer’s Grove: IVP Books, 2015.
4. Schreiner, Thomas. Revelation: ESV Expository Commentary. Crossway: Wheaton, 2018.
3. Litfin, Bryan. Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2016.
2. Carson, D.A. Matthew: The Expositor’s Bible Commentary (revised edition). Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2010.
1. Schilder, Klaas, Christ In Suffering. Eerdman’s Publishing: Grand Rapids, 1938.
Honorable Mentions: Michael Heiser- Demons: What the Bible Really Has to Say About the Powers of Darkness and Tom Nichols- The Death of Expertise
More in Blog
August 9, 2022Theology Conference October 28-29, 2022
July 19, 2022What Pastor Blair Has Been Reading (April 2022 through June 2022)
May 25, 2022Elder Response to the Report on Sexual Abuse in the SBC