Top Ten Books read by Pastor Blair in 2020
This year, I read 67 books. (The ‘Shelter in Place’ order obviously left lots of time for reading). Here is my top ten for the year. I have been asked why I do this. I find it helpful to see if a book had a lasting impact after I read it. Putting together a list like this helps me to reflect on what I read earlier and then later- rediscover if I want to read the book again. I hope a few of these will be of benefit to you as well.
10. Payne, Tony. The Tony Payne Collection: The Best Articles from Three Decades of Christian Writing. Sydney: Matthias Media, 2017.
9. Duncan, Ligon. Does God Care How We Worship? Phillipsburg, NJ: P & R Publishing, 2020.
8. Tripp, Paul David. Lead: 12 Gospel Principles for Leadership in the Church. Crossway: Wheaton, 2020.
7. Tassell, Nige. The Bottom Corner: Hope, Glory and Non-League Football. London: Yellow Jersey Press, 2016.
6. White, David. God, You and Sex: A Profound Mystery. Greensboro: New Growth Press, 2019.
5. Shaw, Ed. Same Sex Attraction and the Church: The Surprising Plausibility of the Celibate Life. Downer’s Grove: IVP Books, 2015.
4. Schreiner, Thomas. Revelation: ESV Expository Commentary. Crossway: Wheaton, 2018.
3. Litfin, Bryan. Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2016.
2. Carson, D.A. Matthew: The Expositor’s Bible Commentary (revised edition). Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2010.
1. Schilder, Klaas, Christ In Suffering. Eerdman’s Publishing: Grand Rapids, 1938.
Honorable Mentions: Michael Heiser- Demons: What the Bible Really Has to Say About the Powers of Darkness and Tom Nichols- The Death of Expertise
More in Blog
January 6, 2022Getting the Most Out of Our Annual Psalm
December 28, 2021What Pastor Blair Has Been Reading (from October 2021 through December 2021)
December 17, 20212021-2022 Annual Elders Report